Thursday, March 31, 2011

26 Week Update!



Due Date: July 8, 2011. 14 weeks to go! (well she could be here as soon as 10 weeks or as late as 17.5 weeks from now)

Weight Gain: 11 pounds


Symptoms: I still have some nausea and vomiting but it is a lot less frequent than it has been in the past. No heartburn since that one incident *knocks on wood*. I am still burping like a PRO!

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing new here! Its the same old stuff but I am finding that smells affect how much I want to eat something. We went out to eat on Tuesday and I ordered crab cakes (cause it sounded good). But it smelled kinda fishy (or maybe it was his lobster pasta) so I only ate the french fries.

Sleep: I don't sleep well at all. I have been stressed out with some stuff and that has been keeping me up, combined with frequent potty breaks. I have a hard time falling back asleep after the potty breaks. But some nights go better than others (I guess it depends on how exhausted I am).

I am loving: Having an excuse for all kinds of weird behavior. I can eat cereal for lunch at work just because I am pregnant and that's what I want. I can have french fries when I want them (cause they make me feel better). I get to have milkshakes (those had been completely off limits pre-preggo).

I miss: seeing my boobs stick out past my stomach.

I am looking forward to: holding Baby Susan in my arms!

I'm spazzing about: Still the weight gain but I am in a much better place about it. And its been really weird to see my stomach moving on its own. She has been hanging out below the belly button, but this week I have seen the kicking way far north of that (just below the boobies).

Best moment this week: Susan is moving all over the place. This week I actually saw the movement. Its so weird but very cool to see my stomach randomly spasming.

Milestones: The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. (Dr said she is probably about 2 lbs on Monday). If you want a good idea of how big she is, http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_02/henryMS1509_468x351.jpg .

Movement: She is active in the morning after breakfast, in the afternoon after lunch, in the evening during my tv time. And she goes nuts anytime I sit at the computer!

It's a...: Still a girl i hope

Exercise: not as much as I should. I have yoga on Sunday and I should try to get a walk or 2 in this weekend.

Diet: Not as healthy as I would like but I am working on it. I did a much better job this week of getting in more fruits/veggies and drinking less soda/more water.

Belly Pic: (sorry for the dirty mirror)

1 comment:

  1. You look great! Also love the bit about her moving a lot when you're sitting at the puter. A future techie perhaps?:)

    ReplyDelete