Friday, April 29, 2011

30 Weeks Pregnant

So today marks 30 weeks pregnant. If she comes on her due date that would mean we are 3/4 of the way through this pregnancy.

Its been a rough week for me. As I have mentioned before I have continued to be plagued with morning sickness. This week it was on high. I seemed to feel ok while at work but as soon as I got home for the night I would fall apart. Tuesday and Wednesday nights were hard on my body and I could barely get up off the couch. My hips were killing me, my stomach hurt, and I felt nauseous. I threw up after dinner both nights. I got to the point on Thursday where I finally broke down and called my dr office to ask for something to help. They gave me a prescription for Zofran but I have to go see them to make sure everything is ok. So I have a surprise dr visit today. Of course, when I got home last night I felt ok enough (without taking the pill). My stomach feels very distended. I also realized (and I know this is TMI) that I havent pooped in quite a few days. I think that is due to not drinking enough (or hardly any water). That is directly linked to feeling nauseous and needing coke to make that feel better. UGH!

Eric did agree to go to the dr visit with me and then we are going to grab some lunch before I go back to work. He never goes to dr visits with me (too much waiting for him). We do have an apt next week also (which includes and ultrasound) so he will be going to that visit too!

We did find a daycare center we both really liked. I have to finish all the registration paperwork, and take it over with a deposit on Monday. I would take it today but with the dr apt I cant spare anymore time out of my schedule.

But here is the baby update:
Baby’s crown to rump length is around 28 cm (11 inches). Your baby weighs about 1500-1600 grams ( 3.3-3.5 pounds). Your baby is sleeping most of the time and has a period of REM sleep. You may notice a pattern of when your baby likes to sleep and when she likes to play. Her survival rate is now over 90% if she were to be born this week.

If REM is where dreams occur, what do you think fetuses dream about? Its something to ponder. I do notice she definitely has awake and asleep times. When I get home from work and want to relax, she throws kicks/jabs/elbows/head butts. She likes to sucker punch my bladder. She is a very active wiggle worm. Even at my sickest this week, she is a happy little bugger!

Last night, I found a good deal on craigslist for a huge bag of clothes, including lots of socks, shoes, some outfits, girly bibs, a blanket, a sling, a swaddler and a tummy time mat. It was a great deal. Sarah is going to go over my stash in 2 weeks and help me figure out what we are missing and what I should be focusing on getting. Plus we will have a good idea of what is needed post-baby shower.

No new pic this week. I should be getting some more shots via my sister this weekend so expect an update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment