Friday, April 15, 2011

28 weeks pregnant!

Week 28

•How far along: 28 weeks

•Baby Development: Baby’s crown to rump length is around 26 cm (10.2 inches) - total length is around 15.75 inches (http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=12941 - as long as this chicken dog toy!). Your baby weighs about 1100-1250 grams (2.4-2.75 pounds) - think of holding 500 pennies! Your baby's brain continues to develop and is now forming the folds and grooves of a fully developed brain. The amount of tissues within the brain also continues to increase in large amounts. The hair that covers your baby's scalp is also getting longer. Your baby is picking up body fat and filling out. Your baby is now large enough for presentation to be determined and your doctor might be able to find out if your baby is at risk for being breech. If your baby is breech, don't panic. There is still time for the baby to rotate.

•Total Weight Gain/Loss: I did not gain any weight this week! So I am still +12 pounds so far.

•Maternity Clothes: sometimes... I wear maternity pants but I have tons of clothes from 50 lbs heavier Maureen. So they fit over my belly. But the flip side is I just look fat and not pregnant. If I wear maternity shirts (which is about 50% of the time), I look pregnant. I feel like I am not as large as other women on my message board who are at the same place I am (or even a few weeks behind me). •Gender: Female (i hope its still a Baby S and not a Baby D). This is a big fear of mine!

•Movement: All the time when I sit or lay down. She is like a Mexican jumping bean! Its all over the place. Sometimes I feel her up high, over times down low, and sometimes I even feel it in my back/side. As soon as I stand up she seems to stop moving.

•Sleep: Its rough now. I am relying on the body pillow more and more. I was always a stomach sleeper, and I still find myself in that position. The pillow lets me do that and gives Baby S some padding. She doesn't kick or squirm as much with the pillow. I don't enjoy getting up to pee 3-4 times a night. I don't enjoy waking up feeling sick cause I haven't eaten/had anything to drink in awhile. I guess its all preparation for like post baby.

•What I miss: Sleeping through the night! Oh and being able to look down and see my feet.

•Cravings: Nothing really special... Coke has been a staple this week but that is more to counteract the nausea.

•Symptoms: Nausea and vomiting, I think I started getting braxton hicks contractions. I am having some not so pleasant cramps and tightening down in the baby producing area.

•Best Moment this week: Watching Eric's face light up when I put his hand on my belly and she kicks him. I think its easy for him to forget she is a living organism, and its an amazing feeling to me to see him get to feel some of her attention! I also had a great moment of accomplishment when I crossed the finish line on Sunday. It felt great but not my best idea (I hurt for 3-4 days post race).

•Next up: Next week is a lovely dr check up. It includes the wonderful GTT (gestational diabetes) test. So I get to fast for like 12 hours (not looking forward to this given that I get sick when I don't eat), and then go drink this craptastic liquid. An hour later I get my blood drawn. In the middle I will see the dr.

This weeks photo: No photo update today! I am getting my first maternity photo shoot from my sister (http://photos.beansproutphotography.com/). I will be getting a photo shoot every time I go visit (or she comes to see me) from now till Baby S comes! She is also doing our delivery room photos and Baby S's first photos too! But back to my weekly photo thing... I will make a post early next week with the shots that I like best!

No comments:

Post a Comment