Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend was AWESOME!

Saturday was so crazy this weekend!

NOCC 5K walk - We did a 5K on saturday morning for Ovarian Cancer awareness. I was so happy with how many of my family/friends donated and/or came out to walk. Last year my team had 10 walkers, this year we had those 17! I gave it my all to run as much as I could. But that was hard on my body. We ended up running about 1/3 of the race and that really was a challange. We finished at about a 16 min mile pace. I have mixed feelings on that. This was supposed to be my benchmark race, the race where I proved I could run the 5K in under 30 mins. I feel sorta upset that my body had limitations. I know I have a baby growing but its still hard to have those limiting realizations. But we did finish the race.

Baby shower - I love my sister, Aunt Beckie, cousins Holly and Mary so much! They were so wonderful and threw me a baby shower. I think I had only been to 2 other baby showers prior to this (and one was more of like a family party than a shower). I had so much fun. I got to see all my friends and just hang out with everyone. I loved seeing all my friends. It really was a wonderful afternoon. We got some much needed baby stuff. There are very few things left we really need now (swing and stroller for car seat). One of the most touching gifts we got was a blanket that Eric's grandma knit. She made this beautiful white knit blanket. We are going to use it to bring baby home in (and have a bunch of her newborn shots taken with). I was almost crying when I saw the blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment