Friday, May 27, 2011

34 Weeks!

So I am at 34 weeks today! Which means at most 7 weeks and 3 days to go till Baby S is here! It is really crazy to think in just a few short weeks I will be holding a new baby that Eric and I created. Its not a baby where I get to hold it for a few moments and then give it back, its one I get to "keep". Its kinda scary too.

How far along: 34 weeks today

Pregnancy at week 34: Baby’s crown to rump length is around 33 cm (13 inches). Your baby weighs about 2350-2550 grams ( 5.2-5.6 pounds). Your baby should be turned head down by now. Her lanugo, very fine hair that keeps your baby insulated, should be disappearing now. Her skin may be covered with vernix, a waxy white colored protective substance that covers newborn babies skin.


Total Weight Gain/Loss: I am +21 pounds as of last Friday.

Maternity Clothes: I have decided I have a longer torso than most women. I have my closet full of maternity clothes but some of them are starting to be too short to wear. The shirts still fit fine around the mid section and I still have room to grow stomach but they are getting just too short for me to wear and feel comfortable in public. So I am slowly boxing up maternity clothes too.

Gender: Baby Girl!

Movement: Her activity level seems to depend on my comfort level. If I am kicked back and relaxed, she will go B-A-N-A-N-A-S. If I am uncomfortable then she goes into hibernation mode. She is not super active late late at night. But she is plenty active in the morning while I sit at my computer working. She tries to stretch herself out a lot too and this leads to her pressing her big head onto my bladder (UGH). She does like to put her butt or foot into my ribs/sternum also.

Sleep: I feel like I am sleeping all the time. If I am not at work I am at home sleeping. I sleep ok. If I am exhausted, I will be out cold. But some nights I toss and turn all night. I get up to pee a few times every night.

What I miss: Having energy to do anything, I miss running too. I learned that I cant run anymore and I dont like that feeling.

Cravings: Ehhh... nothing in particular. I am on a kick where I like fruit flavored things or fruit drinks/juice.

Symptoms: Nausea and occasional vomitting, bloated stomach if I dont pay attention to what I eat and aggrevate my gall stone

Best Moment this week: Seeing our nursery walls post 2nd coat of paint, my cousins did a wonderful job painting the walls and its going to look so good when we finish furnishing/decorating the room.

Next up: Last birthing class on Tuesday, we have an apt in about 2 weeks to meet/greet a possible ped dr. Other than that its just about waiting for the baby to decide she is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment