Friday, July 1, 2011

39 weeks!

I am totally on the home stretch at this point. I am ready to pop her out, but unfortunately she is showing very few signs of being ready to move out. Well... she has like 14 days to move out or she will get evicted.

Facts about 39 weeks fetus:
The average baby is about 20 inches (51 cm) and weighs about 7.5 pounds (3400 grams).
The baby has reached its final birth position.
It will be cramped inside your uterus for much movement.
Your baby will continue to punch and kick but lower in your abdomen, under your pelvis.
The head is about 4 inches (10 cm) in diameter.
Most of the baby's downy coating of lanugo has now disappeared.

I will post the 39 week shot (including the dreaded bare belly pic) tonight after work.

Eric has been super attentive this week. He has gone up to lay down with me every night and even rubbed my back/hips for a bit. It's a huge help and provides some much needed relief.

I had a crazy dream last night. I felt my water break and I told my mom that I thought I was in labor. She called the paramedics and they came and tried to tell me that I had to go to a different hospital. They said that my current hospital was too far away. Then my sister showed up with her kids. She said mom had called her. The paramedics told me to go in the bathroom and try to poop. It was just a really weird but very real feeling dream. When I woke up, I rolled over about to wake up Eric. I was so sure it was time to go to the hospital. Then reality hit me. Mom is not here, and that was my alarm that woke me up. My bed was not wet. So ugh! That meant getting up and going to work.

Yesterday I got some good news. I found out that my STD will cover 2 weeks pre-delivery in addition to the 6 weeks post delivery. So I am done working next Friday (if she doesn't decide to come sooner). I figure that week after 40 weeks is up, my Dr apts will go up a little. this will also let me get some rest and not wear myself out (like I feel like I am doing right now). At least its a 3-day weekend that starts in like 1 hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment