Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Couponing

So I have been couponing for almost 6 months. I save a little (which I generally just use to buy some of the bigger items that were never part of my food budget). I have never had an absolutely amazing grocery trip until today! I went in to just stock up since Harris Teeter was having triple coupons for all coupons under $.99 . I had a budget of $20 and it had to include a gallon of milk.

I spent $14.72 and saved $37.25! My total bill should have been $51.97. That is a savings of almost 72%. And I didnt just buy junk!

I got:
3 boxes of hamburger helper (not the healthiest but I am a working mom)
2 containers of Betty Crocker frosting (I will probably donate this because I hardly ever use frosting)
2 boxes of Betty Crocker cake mix
Nature Valley Granola thins (easy to eat while feeding the baby at 4am)
Fiber One Brownies (they are ok, but low calorie and satisfy my sweet tooth)
2 bottle of Gain liquid soap (we use more now since we wash all bottle by hand)
French's Dijon Mustard
3 cans of campbell soup
3 cans of spaghetti Oh's (easy for bf to eat after work at 11pm)
1 gallon of 1% milk
2 totinos pizza rolls (bf loves them)
1 box luigi italian ice
1 echrich farm turkey sausage

No comments:

Post a Comment