Thursday, December 31, 2009

Barnside Diner

The BF and I went there late last night to try it out. Its a 24 hr diner right off Little River Turnpike not far from Landmark Mall. Its a simple diner complete with your choice of booth or counter. There were plenty of people eating there at 10pm on a Wed night. I ordered a bacon and cheese omelet (adding mushroom and tomato). I got toast and hash browns as my sides. The hash browns were cooked perfectly, the toast was cooked just the way I like it (very lightly toasted). My omelet left something to be desired. The mushrooms were out of a can, and the tomatoes weren't cooked very long. They also just kinda added them on top of the already cooked omelet and then they flipped that over on my plate. The omelet formed like a dome over top the mushrooms and tomatoes. It was disappointing given how tasty the other parts of my meal were. The BF loved his breakfast. He had flapjacks, 1 egg (scrambled) and bacon. He agreed about the toast being perfect.

Overall I am sure we will go back many times since it is very close to the house. I just have to shop around on their menu a little more to find the perfect meals.

Flapjacks, 1 egg, bacon, 1 omelet (added tomato and mushroom), hash browns and toast = ~$19
Not bad for a 24 hour diner

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I love it. I love your writing style. I love the details. I love the commentary. I feel like I was there and I want to go with you. You have a talent for writing about food - this is great! Really, really good and I'm not just saying that, I mean it wholeheartedly - you're making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete